- Arbitrators, Mediators & Adjudicators – Built Environment Contract Law
- Building Defects / Pathology – Expert Witness Service
- Sectional Title & Home Owner’s Association’s (H.O.A) – Disputes
- Quality Assurance Methodology
- Latent and Patent defects (including prescription)
- Single or Joint Expert Determination Appointments
- MBA & NHBRC Building & Allied Trade disputes ( Renovations, Developments and New House’s )
- Consumer Protection
- Rulings , Awards and Findings (Binding)
Alternative Dispute resolution (ADR) is the collective description for methods of resolving Built environment disputes without the need to go to Court. The cost of Court action is high, even for the winning party, and the process can be inordinately slow. Litigation also often leads to polarisation, damaged business relationships and risks reputational damage, especially as Courts are open to the Public and Media . ADR is governed by the rules of the Arbitration Act 42 of 1965 ,as amended from time to time.
Our experience covers the following International ADR methods :
- Accredited Expert Witness
- Adjudication Service
- Mediation (Civil Commercial)
- Independent Expert Determination
- Dispute Boards
WTP Livsey Build Consult are accredited Arbitrators and Civil Commercial Mediation Advocates for the Master Builders Association(Kwa Zulu Natal) and Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
We are also members of the Association of Arbitrators (Southern Africa) and maintain close links with the Royal Institute Of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Dispute resolution Center which includes attendance on their approved Mediation Advocacy and Dispute Management programmes- Accredited by DiSAC (South Africa) & CMC (International)
Participation in UCT Paddocks Sectional Title Training Modules amongst others.
We have our own comfortable in-House fully fitted Boardroom ( 15 seater) & break-away rooms with all required ADR Services , affording a neutral and confidential setting for all proceedings .Based centrally in Westville, Durban. Professional Office service available at reasonable rates.