Watertite Projects cc was founded in August 1993 by Barry Livsey. About Barry – Educated at Kearsney College and the Durban University of Technology, graduating in 1980, Barry spent several years in the Corporate and Public Sector, including study bursaries with The Department of Health, SA Railways and Harbours (including Construction New Works) and several years as Regional Loss Control /Risk Manager in Corporate Senior Management during major building expansion programmes between 1984 and 1992.
In 1993 Barry realized his dream of owning his own Specialist Construction and Consultation Business in the Built Environment with the establishment of Watertite Projects cc (WTP), focusing on New work, renovation, & re-decoration.Barry is an accredited Mediator and Arbitrator having successfully completed the required entrance exams with the Association of Arbitrators (Southern Africa)and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Barry’s main focus areas are in the SMME ,Emerging Contractors and informal sectors of the Built environment disciplines and plays an active role as an Accredited Mentor for the Master Builders Association(MBA). As a Commissioner of Oaths ,Barry has overseen & adjudicated on many Construction and Built environment Disputes and continues to do so as a large percentage of his work week.
About Watertite Projects cc -A full member of the Master Builders Association as well as several other professional Associations and Institutions.
WTP Livsey Build Consult, a wholly owned specialist service /subsidiary of Watertite Projects cc acts in a multi-disciplinary partnership with Professional Building Surveyors, Architects, Quantity surveyors, Engineers & Principle Contractors and provides a specialized service to the Built Environment ,Construction and Allied services industries from offices located in Westville, Durban, South Africa.
WTP Livsey Build Consult provides professional advice on property and construction, which spans across residential, commercial, industrial, & the tourism & leisure markets. We work on the design, development & management of new buildings as well as the restoration and maintenance of existing ones.
This is a very wide field and includes advising on various aspects of buildings at different stages of development including areas of problem solving, legal & safety compliance, building pathology and dispute resolution(ADR).
The nature of the work ranges from the design of large, multimillion rand structures to modest adaptations and repairs, and includes working with buildings of architectural, environmental or historic importance.
WTP Livsey Build Consult often undertake project work on preventative measures to keep buildings & Developments in good condition and look to make buildings sustainable. Planned Maintenance and Systems audits are advocated in many instances.
We may be called upon to Mediate, Adjudicate or Arbitrate in Building or Sectional Title disputes or to act as expert witness in court where cases of building regulations have been breached or Common Law Disputes arise on building defects ,quality & quantity conflicts, Health & Safety Compliance & Contractor disputes.
We also offer an in-house Boardroom for Dispute Resolution Procedures within a discreet and Confidential Environment with facilities at a nominal cost.
Our Tagline : CONSULT . MANAGE . CONCLUDE.
To be the Built Environment & Construction Consultants of choice amongst Property Owners, Developers and all built environment professionals in KZN with special focus on SMME enterprises and /or Joint Ventures.
Services include would include
- Building Surveying
- Built Environment Pathology
- Project Management
- Safety Risk Management
- Contract Law & Claim’s Consulting
- Mentoring & Training
- Dispute Resolution & Arbitrations
Our Mission :
We will provide all our stakeholders with honest professional advice, integrity in all dealings and excellent service and back-up support without exception .
- We value our customers quality requirements, adherence to relevant legislation, budget objectives & shareholders agreements
- We will do this with an objective top-down culture & approach with employment creation within our community and our long-term business commitment to the Built Environment in mind.
- We value teamwork, integrity, equity & fairness, mutual trust & respect, customer service, accountability and environmental commitment & safety.
- We will remain accredited and adhere to the requirements of the South African Institute of Health & Safety,Workman’s Compensation Commission (COID), Master Builders Association (MBA -KZN), National Association of Managing Agents,South African National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC), Arbitration Association of South Africa(AoA), Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors(RICS) and SACPCMP.
- We will remain owner managed within joint ventures and synergies to maximise the benefit to our Clients and ensure the requirements to be an exempt micro (EME) and Value added enterprise ( VAE) for BEE Classification whilst remembering and participating in our Social & Community responsibility initiatives.